Thursday 25 October 2012

Sleek Life's a Peach Blush | Review

Bottom swatch is applied quite heavily, and above it is blended in

Recently, my blush collection has grown out of control, but this is one of my favourites of them all (and that is saying a lot).
Yes, it's a hideous bright orange in the pan. And if you're a fan of Sleek's blushes, you'll know that they're very pigmented. Luckily this blush is incredibly sheer so instead of looking like patches of you are turning into an orange, you'll just have a nice subtle glow about you.
I use a Real Techniques Blush brush to apply it, which is perhaps not ideal. I find the brush brilliant for working with blushes which are very pigmented, because it doesn't pick up too much product, and blends nicely. As this is very sheer however, you have to put a little more effort in. This works for me though, because I use this blush when I want to look like I haven't got any on, but magically have a peachy flush to my cheeks. How sly.

While I think the colour of this would look beautiful on darker skin tones, I don't think the colour pay off is great enough. While this shows up subtly on my pale skin, I think women who are darker would really struggle to have this show up at all, which is a shame because as I said, I think the colour in the pan would look beautiful on darker skin. 

I can't believe this is my first peach blush. While all of my pinks will always have a place in my heart, I think 'Life's a Peach' will have a place on my face for the foreseeable future. 

Available at Superdrug for £4.29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read and comment on my little old blog. I endeavour to return your kindness and respond to all of your lovely comments.